String to date

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

String to date

Post by dodda »

Hello

I have a problem while converting string to time stamp. Source is falt file and target is flat file and i am using transformer. In the source i am taking the string which is varchar(8) and in the format YYYYMMDD and want to populate into the target file with date format YYYY-MM-DD. I have used string_to_date function every thing is cool. I have mentioned the outout format in the extended properties section. My problem is some times i get the string which i wanted to convert as empty spaces at that time datastage throws warning and in the output file i get *********. I want empty spaces in the output rather than *********. Is it possible.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You get the asterisks when processing a date that does not conform to the format string. You need to check your data for such situations.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.