Could not find input field "sqlcode"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarpds
Participant

Post by kumarpds »

Hi all,
from the target ODBC stage am using a seq. file to load the rejected records.

settings made :
ODBC
output reject records - True

Seq. file.
file - /........./............/............./test.txt
file update - overwrite
Cleanup on failure - True
Reject mode - continue

When I ran this job. error msg thrown

How do I overcome this.Help me out.

thanks
Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What are your column definitions and it would seem you are using user-defined SQL, so what do you have there?
kumarpds
Participant

Post by kumarpds »

ArndW wrote:What are your column definitions and it would seem you are using user-defined SQL, so what do you have there? ...
Hi ArndW,

There are abt 20 columns. 18 are VARCHAR and 2 TIMESTAMP.
I am using Auto-generated SQL. When I add that rej. link a new column sqlcode is adding as you.

thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

that makes sense, the "sqlcode" is added in the reject link so that you can analyze the error cause. Which stage is giving this error?
kumarpds
Participant

Post by kumarpds »

ArndW wrote:that makes sense, the "sqlcode" is added in the reject link so that you can analyze the error cause. Which stage is giving this error? ...
Seq. file stage.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The output reject link of your Oracle stage should have "sqlcode" as an integer column, is that correct? Are you writing straight to a sequential file or going through another stage?
kumarpds
Participant

Post by kumarpds »

ArndW wrote:The output reject link of your Oracle stage should have "sqlcode" as an integer column, is that correct? Are you writing straight to a sequential file or going through another stage? ...

Yes, you are right, sqlcode is integer column. and yes I am writing straight to seq. file as below

ODBC stage 1 ---------> Trfm -----------> ODBC stage 2 - - - - - - -> Seq. file.

This is how my job looks and now we are concerned with ODBC stage 2 and Seq. file stage.

thanks
Kumar
relati
Participant

Post by relati »

Kumar,

I am running into the same issue and trying to resolve it. Were you able to find a resolution yet?