Teradata connector stage Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradeep_nov18
Participant

Teradata connector stage Error

Post by pradeep_nov18 »

Hi All

I am facing some issue while reading fixed width compress file in external source stage while,I am reading 10 record for particular file using command zcat filename | head -10 > filename data is propogating with out warnings and error while reading 500 record it is not propogating to Teradata DB hence it is showing the following as shown below.
error has follows
"External_Source_mseg_material_doc,0: Expected 1189 bytes, got 4" i just want to know wat is that got 4 and expected 1189.
pradeep.v
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

It means the format of your input data does not match your schema. One of your input records was much shorter than it should have been according to your schema.
pradeep_nov18
Participant

Post by pradeep_nov18 »

toshea wrote:It means the format of your input data does not match your schema. One of your input records was much shorter than it should have been according to your schema.
Hi toshea,

Thanks for the reply,

It was problem due to extra byte in some of the records. So can u explain how to handle like this situation i have used trim function the following derivation

If Len(DSLink64.Column)=1189 Then DSLink64.Column Else Trim(DSLink64.Column)

Input column name:Col1(varchar(1189)) output i am taking the substring of the input column.

Regards,
Pradeep.V
pradeep.v