Oracle Enterprise stage issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bensonian
Participant

Oracle Enterprise stage issue

Post by bensonian »

Hi,

I am using Oracle enterprise stage for loding data into an oracle table and selected
write method = 'LOAD' and
write mode = APPEND

the job was aborting.

1. I was just wondering what would be the best practice/write method to choose for Inserts in DS 8.x
2. Can i use 'LOAD' method to do inserts (if so please be specific)

Appreciate your help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to be the specific one here, otherwise the answer to the "Can I?" question is just "yes". What caused your job to abort? What errors were logged?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chrisjones
Participant

Re: Oracle Enterprise stage issue

Post by chrisjones »

What is the error message you are getting.?

you can use write 'LOAD' method to do inserts.
if you are directly loading data into tables from legancy then 'LOAD' method to do inserts is the best practice.

Cheers,
NepalReddy
Thanks,
Chris Jones
bensonian
Participant

Post by bensonian »

chulett wrote:You need to be the specific one here, otherwise the answer to the "Can I?" question is just "yes". What caused your job to abort? What errors were logged? ...

We were actually trying to do Inserts using Oracle Enterprise stage with write method = 'Load' and mode = Append

and the job was getting aborted.

Here is the error message:

Error when checking composite operator: Caught parsing exception during wrapDescribeOperator(): Parsing parameters "0" for schema type "ustring": Length must be positive, got: "0"
Could not find type: ustring[0]
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi ,
Import the table definition and load into the oracle enterprise stage .I think you are specifying length of one the field as zero .So, define metadata properly . I think this will solve your problem .

Thank you
Nag