Look Up failure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvuradi
Participant

Look Up failure

Post by nvuradi »

Hi I am doing a look up based on 2 columns ColumnA, ColumnB from Primary and ColumnA_Ref and ColumnB_Ref from reference link.

The priamary link is coming from the Transformer output and the reference from the Db2 Udb database using the DB2 Enterprise stage.

But when i try to run the job it is getting abended with the following error message

Error when checking operator: Key field "ColumnA" not found in input schema.

but this column is present in the Primary link and the corresponding column "ColumnA_ref" from reference link is also present.

RCP is disabled at job level.

I have tried to modify the Ref column names to match that of the Primary column names then i encountered following error :shock:

Added field has duplicate identifier(): ColumnA.

My Job Design is

DB2EnterpriseStage -->Transformer -->LookUp --> series of joins/lookup--> Db2enterprise stage

Appreciate if any one can help me in solving this.

Thanks,
Naru
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

can you change the ColumnA_Ref and ColumnB_Ref to ColumnA and ColumnB, that means same name in reference and main link key columns
nvuradi
Participant

Post by nvuradi »

keshav0307 wrote:can you change the ColumnA_Ref and ColumnB_Ref to ColumnA and ColumnB, that means same name in reference and main link key columns
i did that ..but i got following error
Added field has duplicate identifier(): ColumnA.
as mentioned in my earlier post
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

Is it sparse lookup or normal lookup?
what is the read method?
nvuradi
Participant

Post by nvuradi »

keshav0307 wrote:Is it sparse lookup or normal lookup?
what is the read method?
It is a normal look up...and read method is user defined query
peddidsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peddidsx »

This might with the columns with the same name in both master link and reference link which are not used as a key.Try by removing un-used column with the same name in the reference link.Hope this should work
Rajesh Peddi
nvuradi
Participant

Post by nvuradi »

peddidsx wrote:This might with the columns with the same name in both master link and reference link which are not used as a key.Try by removing un-used column with the same name in the reference link.Hope this should work
I do not have any column with same name from both the ref link and the primary link...
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

can you post the query?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

More useful would be to post (or even just to examine) that part of the generated OSH relating to the lookup stage and its inputs and output record schemata.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.