DS error "Unable to save EditServ.impl.JobDefnImpl@nnnn

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satish_valavala
Participant

DS error "Unable to save EditServ.impl.JobDefnImpl@nnnn

Post by satish_valavala »

All of the projects are working fine since long time. All of a sudden this issue poped up, no one can able to save/saveas/compile the jobs (DS8.0), its giving this error "Unable to save EditServ.impl.JobDefnImpl@12345abc". Nothing got changed at the iis admin level (user privileges etc.,). We tried restarting the DS server, no luck. Any idea on this.
Regards
VS
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well, I have seen this but you provide not enough info. I beleive the issue centers on the xmeta repository and specifically it running out of space. If its Oracle or DB2 look for tablespace issues, possible "quotas" placed on the tablespace and so on. But your key is the xmeta repository and that will solve the issue.

Just a thought
satish_valavala
Participant

Post by satish_valavala »

Thanks for the Info. Yes its Xmeta tablespace issue. By allotting enough/more tablespace to Xmeta we have overcome this issue.
Thanks again.
Regards
VS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark this thread as Resolved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.