Teradata_Enterprise_44,0: Operator terminated abnormally: re

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ankesh
Participant

Teradata_Enterprise_44,0: Operator terminated abnormally: re

Post by ankesh »

Hi,
I am running this job with below stages.
ODBC Ent ------->Copy------->Teradata Ent.
The target stage is having a closed command with one Insert and one Update statement.

I am getting below error due to which the job is getting aborted:
Teradata_Enterprise_44,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV

Before this fatal error, I got two warnings:
1. Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
2. There will be some skew in the usage of the server because the number of players (2) is not evenly divided by the number of available nodes (4).

No NULL handling is being done in job.

Any help in resolving above problem is highly appreciated.

Thanks
-Ankesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the generated OSH from this job, or at least the record schemas from them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

1. The column definitions in the job do not match the field definitions in the Teradata db table. This is the reason for
1. Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
2. You are using a 2 node configuration file and a 4 AMP Teradata db without specifying RequestedSessions or PlayersPerSessions. 2 nodes in the job cannot evenly allocate your data to 4 AMPs. This is why there will be skew.
2. There will be some skew in the usage of the server because the number of players (2) is not evenly divided by the number of available nodes (4).
You are doing a UPSERT into Teradata AND a CLOSE Command? My money is on the Close command being wrong causing the abort. Can you run both the SQL and the CLOSE command separately outside of DataStage? Do they work?
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

Actually, the second warning is because you only have 2 player processes (maybe your Teradata server has 4 AMPs or you have requestedsessions=4 and sessionsperplayer=2), but you have a 4-node config. That means 2 of your nodes will be unused, since you don't have enough player processes to use all 4 of your nodes.