DS server crash

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS server crash

Post by kirankota79 »

I am running some set of jobs which includes updates, loading and selecting jobs. i am using 4 nodes in config file. The server is getting crashed and i have to re run the jobs. For the update jobs i am using hash partition on the o/p oracle enterprise stage.

Can someone tell me the possible reasons of the server getting crashed? this is happening regularly.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you explain what "server getting crashed" means? Does it mean that your job aborts or that the DS Engine stops? In either case, an error message posted here will go a long way towards getting a qualified response.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You need system level stats to see what is happening at the server level as well. Are you paging? How much RAM do you have? How much is being used? Is your database on the same server? Are you out of disk space or scratch space when you crash? Lots of things can cause this. Answer Arnd's question then these. We should be able to help you better.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it the DataStage server or a database server that is "getting crashed"? And what, precisely, does "getting crashed" involve?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

sorry , ignore this topic. i misunderstood the issue.