Writing parallel routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Writing parallel routines

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi
I have my datstage server sititing on windows box and when i check for the APT_COMPILER option in the administrator it shows cxx as the compiler. I am not sure in Which path shall i find the compiler ? If the box is unix then the entire compiler path would be available in the env variable value.

I am not sure how i could test the standard c++ programs that form the part of the parallel routine without knowing where the compiler is installed

any clue on this please
Regards
Ragu
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Nobody has clue regarding this ....oops
Regards
Ragu
arnabdey
Participant

Post by arnabdey »

Hi
You first need to have atleast Visual Studio 2003, you also need to set the compiler and linker options correctly. cxx is an exe file and its path C:\Program Files\MKS Toolkit\mksnt is found in the path variable (in environment variable of windows).
Thanks
Arnab
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Hi
I do have Visual Studio 5 installed on the server machine but there is no path in my machine like "C:\Program Files\MKS Toolkit\mksnt", where i could find the compiler file .cxx
Regards
Ragu