Cannot get exclusive access to job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jim.paradies
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot get exclusive access to job

Post by jim.paradies »

Hi all,

I'm getting a lot of locking problems mainly when I export out of the DEV project and import into another project.

The problems start after an import is complete and I try to do a multi-job compile. When I do this most jobs work fine but some fail with the error "Cannot get exclusive access to job" and here is where the strange behaviour comes in.

1. I know that no-one else is using this project.

2. I check for locks using Director (Job/Cleanup Resources) and find no locks or processes.

3. I use UV shell (LIST.READU) to check for locks and find nothing

4. I use DS.TOOLS to check for locks and find nothing

5. I try to compile manually and it works

6. I try to force compile and it works

7. I try to run the job and get the error "Cannot get exclusive access to job Import_Data_MAPPING_Lattice_Crews."

The only time that the locks are released is when the server is bounced.

Note that this is running on Windows 8.0.1

Has anyone had similar experiences and found some way of releasing these "locks" without bouncing the box?
Jim Paradies
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

Suffering the same, impossible to get this fixed!!!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What about the sessions listed in the web client for IIS, that can show a session and hold a lock that might not be visible from the DataStage engine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try to do a single-job compile in Designer. If the job is locked, the message box will yield the session ID of the owner. Open the web console for Information Server, go to Session Management and disconnect that session. This will release the lock.

This - I believe - is what Arnd was referring to.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.