Deleting 25 rows in Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

LavanyaRamesh007
Participant

Deleting 25 rows in Oracle

Post by LavanyaRamesh007 »

Hi,

My requirement is such that the 1st 25 rows of oracle needs to be deleted everytime I run datastgae job to load Oracle. How do I achieve this?
Govindarajan
Participant

Re: Deleting 25 rows in Oracle

Post by Govindarajan »

How do you define this first 25 rows? based on any key column or date and time of record creation?
LavanyaRamesh007
Participant

Re: Deleting 25 rows in Oracle

Govindarajan wrote:How do you define this first 25 rows? based on any key column or date and time of record creation?
Yes it is based on a Key Column FTRJ, which is a string..
bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bikan »

you can first join with thay oracle table....then using column generator generate sequence number in dummy column..then take first 25 records and delete from oracle...other records can be passed to other stream for updation/iserion.
though I must say it's very strange requirement. :D
you can do it this in two jobs as well...
you can also manipulate how toselect record for deletion
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

Lavanya ---what is your thought on this, what did you tried? have you created any job for it? what is that job doing?
LavanyaRamesh007
Participant

keshav0307 wrote:Lavanya ---what is your thought on this, what did you tried? have you created any job for it? what is that job doing?
Well I am still doing it.. .. Shall keep you guys posted.. thanks for coming up with different ideas