ODBC Connector error/warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mydsworld
Participant

ODBC Connector error/warning

Post by mydsworld »

I am using ODBC connector stage, I am getting the following warning trying to do a 'Insert after Delete'.

ODBC_Connector_7: [IIS-CONN-DAAPI-000067] Schema reconciliation detected a size mismatch for field XFWNO. When moving data from source field type STRING(min=0,max=8,charset=ISO_8859-1:1987) into target field type STRING(min=8,max=8,charset=UTF-8), truncation, loss of precision or data corruption can occur. Use STRING(min=0,max=24,charset=UTF-8) for target type.

Initially I was getting it as error.After I changed 'Schema reconciliation' option 'Fail on size mismatch' to 'No', I am getting those warnings.

What could be the cause of such warning and how to get rid of this.

Thanks.
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

er..as suggested in the warning message which is to change your target field type to match your source field type?
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

Even if I use STRING(min=0,max=24,charset=UTF-8) for target type, I get another error for making it STRING(min=0,max=72,charset=UTF-8) for target type.
So, not sure what is the problem.
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

Does anyone have answer to this.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Target field has min=8, Source field has min=0. That, I'm guessing, is where the mismatch has been detected. Is one a Char and the other a VarChar?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.