How to know the job is being called in which sequence?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skumar
Participant

How to know the job is being called in which sequence?

Post by skumar »

Hi all,

I have a requirement suppose x job is being called in the Y sequence...I want to know that the job is called in which sequence....How can i acive this??

Thanks in advance...

Reagrds,
skumar
sreddy
Participant

Post by sreddy »

Skumar

SELECT OBJIDNO FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE EVAL '@RECORD' LIKE '%Job_Name%'

Take Usage Analysis at Manager.

These two I know.
SReddy
dwpractices@gmail.com
Analyzing Performance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Open the job sequence. Open its job properties. Go to the Dependencies tab. All the jobs used in the job sequence should be listed there.

As to which ones are actually being called, based on the logic in the job sequence, the only place from which you can obtain this information is the log of the job sequence. The easiest way is to find the event "summary of sequence run" (usually somewhere close to the end) and read that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
skumar
Participant

Post by skumar »

Hi Sreddy,

I tried the command you mentioned above but it was simply going to the SQL prompt again with out showing any error....I tried the following command in the command line of the adminisrator...

SELECT OBJIDNO FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE EVAL '@RECORD' LIKE 'Jobname'

Please check it once and let me know whether i am doing wrong anywhere????

Thanks in advance......

Regards,
Skumar.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are "going wrong" by omitting the trailing semi-colon. But that query will not give you the information needed to answer your question in a very targeted sense - it will find every DataStage job object (job, container, stage, link or annotation) that includes the text "JobName".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.