Job sequence issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job sequence issue

Post by mandyli »

Hi

we are using Job sequencer in the our project. I would like to know about

"do not check point" option in the Job activity window.

Can you please any one give some idea?

Thanks
Man
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

Do an exact match search on "do not check point". Read the posts and come back if you need any further clarifications.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or just click the Help button or press F1 when next on that page.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LavanyaRamesh007
Participant

Re: Job sequence issue

Post by LavanyaRamesh007 »

"do not check point"

Check points are used during run time of sequencer. If say fifth job in the sequencer fails and you want to start the sequencer from the point where it is failed then u should give "Check Point"
If u dont want this to happen and start the sequencer from the first job then u need not check it
sreddy
Participant

Post by sreddy »

The checkpoint property on job sequences allows a sequence to be restarted at the failed point.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each sequence needs it own log or the log becomes too difficult to follow. The solution is to create a generic Sequence Job Check routine in DataStage BASIC/OSH that is run after every child sequence finishes. It retrieves all the warning and error messages from that child sequence and displays them in the parent sequence with the child job name as a prefix to the message. In previous projects I have used this technique to capture and email messages to support users

:D
mandyli wrote:Hi

we are using Job sequencer in the our project. I would like to know about

"do not check point" option in the Job activity window.

Can you please any one give some idea?

Thanks
Man
SReddy
dwpractices@gmail.com
Analyzing Performance
madhavi83
Participant

Post by madhavi83 »

hi,
ans for ur que is (you r using jobsequencer in that u have 5 jobactivities if the job aborted after 4 job u can run from 4 onwards but if u want to run again from 1job or 2 job then u have to enable that option then the sequencer will run again from wher u required)

regards,
sudheer
Thanks,
Madhavi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sudheer, please strive for a professional standard of written English expression on DSXchange. In particular do not use SMS-style abbreviations. DSXchange is not a mobile telephony device, and such abbreviations make the already burdensome task of understanding English even more difficult for those whose first language is not English.

Even as a proficient native language speaker of English I found your post rather incomprehensible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

madhavi83 wrote:ans for ur que is (you r using jobsequencer in that u have 5 jobactivities if the job aborted after 4 job u can run from 4 onwards but if u want to run again from 1job or 2 job then u have to enable that option then the sequencer will run again from wher u required)
Good Lord, do you send emails at work that look like this? Is this really how you want to represent yourself as a professional on a world-wide user support forum? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers