Problem with Oracle open Command

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bkumar103
Participant

Problem with Oracle open Command

Post by bkumar103 »

Hi,
I am using oracle enterprise stage as the source to Oracle.
I have to excute a stored procedure before the job run. The stored procedure does not take any argument. I have called that stored procedure in the open command as exec proc1 .
but when i run the job it skips this statement. It does not displays any log about this.
Do i need to do any adjustment to execute the open command.

Thanks,
Birendra
pranay
Participant

Re: Problem with Oracle open Command

Post by pranay »

yes u need to give arguments to the procedure, let it be dummy.
Also it won't display logs in the director, the logs pertaining to proc can be viewed by database dba and not through datastage.
bkumar103 wrote:Hi,
I am using oracle enterprise stage as the source to Oracle.
I have to excute a stored procedure before the job run. The stored procedure does not take any argument. I have called that stored procedure in the open command as exec proc1 .
but when i run the job it skips this statement. It does not displays any log about this.
Do i need to do any adjustment to execute the open command.

Thanks,
Pranay
Seatte, WA
bkumar103
Participant

Post by bkumar103 »

Hi,
The stored proc runs fine if i run in the database.
now i have called the stored proc from the open command as you have mentioned using the PL/SQL block
Begin
proc1(1);
end;

Actually the stored proc creates a vies selecting from multiple table.
where can i see, did datastage executed the open statement or not.

Thanks,
Birendra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the job log you can see that DataStage submitted the Open command to the database server. Whether or not it got executed there is outside of DataStage's control, if the command to execute the stored procedure was correct.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bkumar103
Participant

Post by bkumar103 »

In the job log you can see that DataStage submitted the Open command to the database server. Whether or not it got executed there is outside of DataStage's control
The director log even doest not display the details whether the open command is submitted or not. The stored proc creates a view. The query extarcts the data from the created view. The first error statement in the log says that "table or view does not exist". The view should be created by the stored proc. Do i need to use any environment varible to get the details.

Thanks,
Birendra