My job is getting aborted and getting following fatals

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venki
Participant

My job is getting aborted and getting following fatals

Post by venki »

Hi,

I am trying to run a job with single source and single target in between i used one copy stage the job is getting aborted and giving the following fatals,

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Write to dataset on [fd 14] failed (Error 0) on node node1, hostname huxd0208
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Orchestrate was unable to write to any of the following files:
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets/ds_extract_rt_li_return.dsadm.huxd0208.0000.0000.0000.530f0.ca1f5208.0000.e8cd6bbe
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Block write failure. Partition: 0

Please help me any one,

Thanks in advance
Venkat.
venki
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The obvious first question to ask is whether the directory /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets exists and, if so, whether the executing user had rwx permission to it and/or the /opt file system was full and/or whether a quota in or above that directory had been exceeded.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
venki
Participant

Post by venki »

ray.wurlod wrote:The obvious first question to ask is whether the directory /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets exists and, if so, whether the executing user had rwx permission to it and/or the /opt file system ...
Hi Ray,

up to "/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server" avaliable, Datasets seems to be link to original dataset folder.
Datastets link has all permissions. Before that it is running fine today moring onwards all the jobs in the project is giving same problem.

Help me regarding the same
Thanks in advance
Venkat.
venki
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

looks like the disk is full if all users are now affected. Have you tried checknig with "df"?
venki
Participant

Post by venki »

ArndW wrote:looks like the disk is full if all users are now affected. Have you tried checknig with "df"? ...
Can you please provide full commond?

Thanks inadvance
Venkat.
venki
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

do a "df -k" and see if any of your disks are 100% or almost full. Also, attach to "/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets" and see if you can "touch testfile" (then "rm testfile" if successful).