OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]Failure getting record lock

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]Failure getting record lock

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Hi,

I am getting the following error

OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]Failure getting record lock on a record from table PUB.Client.

when another online application has locked the table 'client' for update or delete.

And this happens even when i read i.e even when i do select records from the table

Is it possible that both the ETL and the other online applications run simultaniously whithout abort.

Please suggest.
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Re: OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]Failure getting record l

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

G SHIVARANJANI wrote:Hi,

I am getting the following error

OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]Failure getting record lock on a record from table PUB.Client.

when another online application has locked the table 'client' for update or delete.

And this happens even when i read i.e even when i do select records from the table

Is it possible that both the ETL and the other online applications run simultaniously whithout abort.

Please suggest.
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Re: OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]Failure getting record l

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Any suggestions..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If anyone did, they would post them.

Have you talked to your Progress DBA about this? My Progress days are way behind me so can't really offer any concrete advice except to see if there's any way to do a 'dirty' or 'uncommitted' read over ODBC. That's a 'standard' way to get around record locks but not sure it will help with table locks, you may be out of luck there.

Talk to your DBA.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Hi,

Could you please throw light on ' 'uncommitted' read over ODBC. '
chulett wrote:If anyone did, they would post them.

Have you talked to your Progress DBA about this? My Progress days are way behind me so can't really offer any concrete advice except to see if there's any way to do a 'dirty' or 'uncommitted' read over ODBC. That's a 'standard' way to get around record locks but not sure it will help with table locks, you may be out of luck there.

Talk to your DBA.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Google should turn up a ton of links on the subject, for example this one. The concepts are similar across all databases.

Again, questions like this really need to either go to your DBA for Progress specific answers or through your official support provider back to the vendor for guidance, unless (of course) someone here as done this and posts a solution for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Thanks Craig
chulett wrote:Google should turn up a ton of links on the subject, for example this one. The concepts are similar across all databases.

Again, questions like this really need to either go to your DBA for Progress specific answers or through your official support provider back to the vendor for guidance, unless (of course) someone here as done this and posts a solution for you.