Error getting status for job XXX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error getting status for job XXX

Post by jreddy »

Hi,

I have a project running successfully on devl, but on moving to intg, am struggling with some settings issues because of which i am unable to run the sequencers. It seems like i am hitting some threshold (and am unable to figure out where to look for the param holding this threshold value, if any)

I have a main sequencer that calls 4 other sequencers - These 4 have jobs around 10-30 jobs each that are kicked off at the same time. In devl, usually we'd see that they are sort of queued and would eventually run and finish in 3.5 min.
Now, i seem to be unable to run them simultaneously. Just to confirm my suspicion, i modified sequencer to call these sequencers one after the other and they run fine and finish without errors.

When i run these 4, i have sequencers aborting with one of the following error messages

Error getting status for job Stg_XXX
Controller problem: Error calling DSPrepareJob(Stg_XXX)
(DSGetJobInfo) Failed to open RT_STATUS5541 file.
Controller problem: Error calling DSWaitForJob(), code=-99
[General repository interface 'other error']
OR
Error calling DSAttachJob(Stg_XXX)
(DSOpenJob) Cannot open job Stg_XXX - not a runnable job (even when its in compiled state)

I tried the following:
re-Compiled all the jobs being called
Emptied scratch and dataset directories
Clear.file &PH&

But am still having same errors. Any ideas what i have missed on the new server. Our SA swears both boxes are identical (directory structure, permissions-wise) and with extra CPU on intg.

Thanks