getting Fatal Error: Invalid time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RAJARP
Participant

getting Fatal Error: Invalid time

Post by RAJARP »

Hi all,

I am having a parallel job that reads data from seq file and insert the data into the table through a transformer. That was running fine with sucess till date.But today it aborted with the following logs

Code: Select all

STG_DSS_CUSTOMER,0: Failure during execution of operator logic

Code: Select all

STG_DSS_CUSTOMER,0: Fatal Error: Invalid time
There is only one Date field at the target table and I am mapping the CurrentTimestamp() to that particular field. So there is no possibility of invalid time as per my knowledge.Done a search on this issue,but not able to get things.
your help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
rajarp
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What changed "today"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RAJARP
Participant

Post by RAJARP »

Hi ray,
Thanks for your response.
Ans to your question "nothing has been changed today".That job has been running once a day since january ,08.But today only got that error :(
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clearly that is not the correct answer, otherwise the job would have run successfully "today". The problem (the change) may be in your data, the problem may be in your hardware, operating system configuration, database configuration, and so on.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Meera
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Meera »

Do you have an intermediate file to which you are storing the derived results before loading into the target table?
If then did you open that file and look at what is the timestamp being generated today. Might give you some insight.
sudeepmantri
Participant

Fatal Error: Invalid time

Post by sudeepmantri »

Hi , Did u find any solution to this issue. If yes,Please share it across.
We faced the same issue and when we changed the config file it ran successfully. But it reappeared after a few days. :?
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

We faced the same issue and when we changed the config file it ran successfully
what is changed in the configuration file?
getsatish_gk
Participant

Post by getsatish_gk »

Please let me the cause and and fixing for it.. I too facing the same error message
sudeepmantri
Participant

Post by sudeepmantri »

This error comes whenever any filesystem, which is mentioned is the configuration file, is full or tending to full.

If you cat the config file you can see some resource disk filesystem and resource scratchdisk filesystem.

To resolve this issue delete the old files(unnecessary files) from the files from the scratchdisk and run the job
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

sudeepmantri wrote:This error comes whenever any filesystem, which is mentioned is the configuration file, is full or tending to full.

If you cat the config file you can see some resource disk filesystem and resource scratchdisk filesystem.

To resolve this issue delete the old files(unnecessary files) from the files from the scratchdisk and run the job
Why - and indeed how - would disk full generate an "invalid time" error?!!

Something in the data is not a valid Time data type.