Connect Using Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sampitke1
Participant

Connect Using Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post by sampitke1 »

Hi

Can you please let me know how to connect to Oracle Using Oracle Enterprise Stage?

Case:
Name of the Host : X
Name of hte Oracle Server : Y
TNS Service Name (ODBC) : Z
User Name : u
Passwprd : p

Now, please let me know using this information how can i connect to oracle using oracle Enterprise Stage.

Considering Above information what are the Required values for Oracle Enterprise Stage.

Remote Server : ?
Additional Connection Info : ?
User Name : u
Password : p

I appreciate your valuable time and help.
Thanks and Regards
Sameer
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What does the stage help property/manual tell you about it ???
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

The only one that can be tricky is remote server name, this should be set to your TNS entry.
sampitke1
Participant

Post by sampitke1 »

This is the information available in Help file.

Connection Category

DB Options. Specify a user name and password for connecting to Oracle in the form:

<user=<user>,password=<password>[,arraysize=<num_records>]

DataStage does not encrypt the password when you use this method. Arraysize only applies to stream links. The default arraysize is 1000.

DB Options Mode. If you select Auto-generate for this property, DataStage will create a DB Options string for you. If you select User-defined, you have to edit the DB Options property yourself. When Auto-generate is selected, there are two dependent properties:

User. The user name to use in the auto-generated DB options string.

Password. The password to use in the auto-generated DB options string. DataStage encrypts the password.

Remote Server. This is an optional property. Allows you to specify a remote server name.

[quote="DSguru2B"]What does the stage help property/manual tell you about it ???[/quote]