job sequence error code -14

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saini
Participant

job sequence error code -14

Post by saini »

Hi

I have 2 multiple instances job.
These jobs are running in a sequencer one after another.

when I run these jobs individually they run fine but with I try to run the Seq it gives the following error. Please suggest

Invoicejobseq..JobControl (@Invoicejob1): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(Invoicejob1.E1 ), code=-14
[Timed out while waiting for an event]

Invoicejobseq..JobControl (fatal error from @Coordinator): Sequence job (restartable) will abort due to previous unrecoverable errors
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

[Timed out while waiting for an event]
do you know your job is waiting for which event??
dnsjain
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: job sequence error code -14

Post by dnsjain »

You need to make sure that you are passing different instance ID. It may be possible that you are not passing them. In that case your first job will run but the other job will fail because the same job is running.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The 'event' was it reporting back that it had started, meaning it didn't... at least not fast enough. And it would have nothing to do with Invocation ids. This is a resource problem.

Search the forums for "timed out waiting for an event" and you'll find many conversations on this much loved topic.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers