Stored Procedure Stage calling SQL Server Stored Proc

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

josh.guffey
Participant

Stored Procedure Stage calling SQL Server Stored Proc

Post by josh.guffey »

I have been using the Stored Procedure Stage in several parallel jobs to call various SQL Server stored procedures. I am now trying to invoke a SQL Server stored procedure and also pass-through additional column information to the output link for further processing.

The job is set up like this (SQL Server Enterprise (read data) --> copy stage --> Stored Procedure Stage --> transformer (additional processing) --> SQL Server Enterprise (write data)). This was just a test job to see if I could get this functionality working.

I have read through the Connectivity Guide for Stored Procedures documentation extensively (i46decsp.PDF). I feel that I am following all of the provided guidance and recommendations from IBM, but I cannot get any data to pass through the stage when passing more than one column to the output link. On page 15 of the documentation, under the Midstream Use section it states "If Forward row data is selected, the data for other columns is passed thru to the output link". I have ensured that this box is checked inside of the Stored Procedure Stage, but the stage will not let the other data pass through to the output link and the job aborts everytime.

When I go into Director, I am getting general errors that unfortunately do not help out much in trouble shooting this issue.

Here is a snapshot of those errors:

Item #: 13
Event ID: 12
Timestamp:: 2008-05-09 11:13:13
Type: Fatal
Message:: Stored_Procedure_37,0: Caught unknown exception from runLocally().

Item #: 14
Event ID: 13
Message:: Stored_Procedure_37,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

Item #: 15
Event ID: 14
Type: Info
Message:: Stored_Procedure_37,0: Input 0 consumed 1 records.

Item #: 16
Event ID: 15
Type: Info
Message:: Stored_Procedure_37,0: Output 0 produced 0 records.

Item #: 17
Event ID: 16
Timestamp:: 2008-05-09 11:13:14
Message:: Stored_Procedure_37,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk

Item #: 18
Event ID: 17
Timestamp:: 2008-05-09 11:13:19
Message:: main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 2 - Unexpected exit status 1.

Item #: 19
Event ID: 18
Timestamp:: 2008-05-09 11:13:19
Message:: main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
josh.guffey
Participant

Post by josh.guffey »

Version 8.1 has corrected this issue.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this post.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks for posting the solution! :D
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Cynicism 101
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.