To abort a job in Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nilesh_kant
Participant

To abort a job in Transformer

Post by nilesh_kant »

I am generating a one up number (ID's) in a transformer. Once the id's reach a max.value ( which is paased as a parameter) the job should get aborted. Can any one tell me how to do this in a transformer?

Regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but I'd rather tell you not to do it. Why can't the job just end gracefully when the required numbers have been generated?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nilesh_kant
Participant

Post by nilesh_kant »

Because if the job doesnt abort then we will be generating more ID's than required which goes against our requirement. Please let me know if there is any method by which we can abort a job in transformer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are many ways. One is to invoke DSLogFatal() from a routine. But, if you only generate the right number of values, there is NO NEED to abort. This is definitely the preferred approach.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.