INDEX.MAP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

INDEX.MAP

Post by roblew »

Does anyone know what this particular file is/does?

.../Ascential/DataStage/Template/I_DS_JOBS/INDEX.MAP

I'm troubleshooting some odd warning messages in our /var/log/messages system log, which shows something like this:

Code: Select all

May  6 09:32:10 cpgapl60 automount[26691]: >> mount: filer:/vol/vol3/falconp_q1/oracle/exports failed, reason given by server: Permission denied
May  6 09:32:10 cpgapl60 automount[26691]: mount(nfs): nfs: mount failure filer: /vol/vol3/falconp_q1/oracle/exports on /net/filer/vol/vol1/srg_q1/dispatch/bayarea/i386-linux/vend/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Template/I_DS_JOBS/INDEX.MAP/vol/vol3/falconp_q1/oracle/exports
The paths that the warnings are mentioning do not exist, and we're trying to figure out what is trying to reference them.

Anyhow, I don't expect anyone to fix our particular issue, but I was curious to what this INDEX.MAP file is. There are also a number of other INDEX.00X files in the same directory.

Code: Select all

/Ascential/DataStage/Template/I_DS_JOBS/INDEX.000
/Ascential/DataStage/Template/I_DS_JOBS/INDEX.001
/Ascential/DataStage/Template/I_DS_JOBS/INDEX.002
/Ascential/DataStage/Template/I_DS_JOBS/INDEX.003
/Ascential/DataStage/Template/I_DS_JOBS/INDEX.MAP
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Those are DataStage internal files used for the secondary keys of the DS_JOBS hashed file. Don't touch or delete them, otherwise the project will need re-indexing.

I doubt very much that these files have anything to do with your problem. Does your job do Oracle bulk loads?
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

Thanks for the explanation. I also doubt the files are the cause of our problem, but I just wanted to know what they are in case it's in any way related. This particular job does not touch Oracle at all (uses SQL Server via odbc).

We do use Oracle, but this "/oracle/exports" directory is specific to our remote Oracle database servers, which is not mounted on this DataStage server and has never been mounted here. Since our team uses some standard builds for all our servers and common utility servers and such, I think it's probably something that is shared among all our servers which is causing the warning messages. These warnings do not seem to affect our jobs, though I would like to eliminate them.

Thanks again for the help.