Additional features in DS 8x parallel

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vino_joe84
Participant

Additional features in DS 8x parallel

Post by Vino_joe84 »

Hi,

We would like to know what are all the addional functionalities is used in DS 8x.

What is the difference in between 7.5.2 to 8.

If any one have document please share with us.

Thanks,
Vino
J.Ithayavino
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I produced such a document for one of my clients. It runs to 215 pages. There is a lot that is different. Unfortunately, this document is covered by a non-disclosure agreement. Contact IBM through your sales rep; they should be able to provide a "what's new" document. One ships with the version 8.0 software.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vino_joe84
Participant

Post by Vino_joe84 »

Is it possible for you to tell what are all the new stages has been added?
and what enhancement has been implemented?
J.Ithayavino
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are only two new stages in version 8.0 (call it 8.0.0); the Connector stage and the Slowly Changing Dimension stage. The Lookup stage has been enhanced to support range lookups, either on the stream or on the reference input link.

New stages can come along at any time. For example a Teradata Enterprise Stage came along between two point versions of 8.0.1 recently.

Summary of main enhancements:
  • Quick Find and Advanced Find (results can be used for the next three)

Multi-select in Export

Comprehensive impact analysis (much more detailed than Usage Analysis)

Difference report (e.g. difference between two versions of job, table def.)

Totally different security mechanism delivered through WebSphere Application Server hosting IBM Information Server

Parameter Sets (stored, re-usable) with "values files" capability

Connectors (stored, re-usable) with stored-in connection and authentication information
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.