Error during file comparision

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rajee
Participant

Error during file comparision

Post by Rajee »

Hi,

I am trying to compare two files through the compare stage,i have imported the metadata of two files and set all the required properties.I have also checked for the metadata imported for the field "cnvrt_trd_crrnb_rt" and it is Decimal with length 15 and no scale,but when i try running the job i get the below quoted error.

BIOS_C069_OUTNA_OWNDELT_FILE: At field "cnvrt_trd_crrnb_rt": When validating import/export function: APT_GFIX_Decimal::validateParameters: Decimal "text" format is variable length and no external length is specified. Possibly you should specify an appropriate "width" property? External format: {text, padchar=32, nofix_zero, precision=15, scale=0, round=trunc_zero, ascii}

Can anyone help me out in knowing the possible reason for the above error.

Thx,
Rajee
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

are you being able to view data in the two sequential files ?
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's all in the message - the Field Width property is not set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rajee
Participant

Post by Rajee »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's all in the message - the Field Width property is not set. ...
I dont find any attribute named "width" in either the sequential file stage or the compare stage.instead there is an attribute named "lenght" and that is assigned a value as 15.Can you let me know where you expect the "width" to be set.
Rajee
Participant

Post by Rajee »

hamzaqk wrote:are you being able to view data in the two sequential files ?
No,I am not able to view the data,instead the same above error message is displayed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Go to the Columns grid. Right click on the appropriate row and choose Edit Row...

This should open a dialog in which the extended properties of the column you are editing are displayed, and you should find field width among them.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rajee
Participant

Post by Rajee »

ray.wurlod wrote:Go to the Columns grid. Right click on the appropriate row and choose Edit Row...

This should open a dialog in which the extended properties of the column you are editing are displayed, and you sh ...
Thanks ray,i got rid of the above error.But now I get the below info in the director and i have no clue about it.

OUTNA_OWNDELT_FILE,0: Input buffer overrun at field "W8_S", at offset: 38..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

More data than the field width allows for.
Rajee
Participant

Post by Rajee »

ray.wurlod wrote:More data than the field width allows for. ...
I checked the source file,it does not have excess data than the length defined in the metadata.