Job Monitor didn't work for 2 target Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pratiyas
Participant

Job Monitor didn't work for 2 target Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post by pratiyas »

Hi All,
I have a problem on displaying Job Monitor. My case is as follows:
1. Extraction job: read from 2 Seq File stages and 3 Oracle Enterprise stages into 5 Dataset. This one had no problem on Job Monitor.
2. After some transformations, I have following load job
Dataset--->Oracle Enterprise stage
At this point, I had no problem on Job Monitor.

Then I modified the load job: copy dataset and OE stage so I have load job as follows:
Dataset--->Oracle Enterprise
Dataset1--->Oracle Enterprise (reject)
As soon as I compiled the job, Job Monitor showed no stage at all. I run the job from Designer, the performance statistic was not shown and Job Monitor still remained showing no stage.

And then I rollbacked the load job (by removing the copy of dataset and OE stage), compiled and run it again. It's ok and no problem with Job monitor. I could see the performance statistic well.

I had searched on forums but had not got a clue. Could you enlighten me on this please...

Fyi, our setting:
APT_NO_JOBMON=false
APT_MONITOR_MINTIME=10
APT_MONITOR_SIZE=100000
APT_MONITOR_TIME=5
Show performance statistics (Checked and unchecked, made no different on this one)

Thanks in advance
Pratiyaz
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

try stopping the job mon and restarting it .

Code: Select all

sh jobmoninit start /stop $APT_ORCHHOME

Teradata Certified Master V2R5
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have operator combination enabled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pratiyas
Participant

Post by pratiyas »

Hamzaqk,
Do I need to restart the job monitor service? Since it worked for all jobs except this one?

Ray,
I changed the Combinality Mode setting on all stages (4 stages in this job) from Auto into Don't Combine. But it remained the same. JobMon didn't work.