Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) in DataStage 8?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) in DataStage 8?

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

Hi everyone,

Could someone point me to the correct Teradata Stage used to implement Teradata Parallel Transporter Utility in DataStage v8? So far, I haven't found any such options in the existing TD stages , i.e. Teradata Load (Bulk), Teradata Multiload/TPump, Teradata API and Teradata Enterprise Stage. Is there some other stage/functionality in v8 that supports TPT? IBM claims that v8 supports TPT, not sure how though.....

Thanks in advance
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

Any replies on this please?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't push! It's the middle of the night in the USA. If someone knows an answer they'll post something. When they're awake.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

I am not "pushing" for anything here and i did use the word "please". This was posted yesterday and it was more of a humble reminder. i think this is an open to all forum with people from the world. So all the questions that come through here are not addressed to people in the "USA" or you only. We do appreciate your expert opinion on different things here but refrain from harsh remarks and comments next time towards people.

Have a lovly day!
bipul
Participant

Post by bipul »

Hi,

There is one new stage called Teradata connector, that supports Teradata Parallel Transporter.

This is a separate stage other than the four which you specified above.

Regards,

Bipul
bipul
Participant

Post by bipul »

Hi,

There is one new stage called Teradata connector, that supports Teradata Parallel Transporter.

This is a separate stage other than the four which you specified above.

Regards,

Bipul
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

Yes thanks for that. i does not come with the 8.0, i installed a patch for it after having a word with IBM and now it appears. If you have worked on it can you please let me know if there are any requirements to make it work ? like installing TPT itself ?

thanks
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

You do need to install the TPT to use the Teradata Connector. You can find the TPT on the Load-Unload vol. 2 CD of the Teradata Tools and Utilities.