Lookups with Oracle Odbc

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookups with Oracle Odbc

Post by devsonali »

Hi All

Can we use multiple refernce links(From different oracle Odbc stages) to single lookup stage in parallel ?

Thanks
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Lookups with Oracle Odbc

Post by sud »

Yes
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Lookup stages support multiple inputs. So you can use the any input stages as reference.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devsonali »

Thanks for your inputs.
But why does the documentation say that during sparse lookups you can have only one ref link .
Does it mean that when you are using oracle or DB2 stages you can use one and only one refernce link (oracle or DB2 stage) ?

Please correct me if I am wrong . It is really confusing .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You did not mention sparse lookups in your original question.

Sparse lookups do have the restriction of one reference input link.

A Lookup stage can support any (reasonable) number of reference input links performing normal lookups, but only one lookup if it is performing a sparse lookup.

A normal lookup is performed against the virtual Data Set associated with the reference input link. A sparse lookup is performed directly against the database table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Perhaps you can try to acheive the Multiple lookup by converting the sparse lookup into Normal / uploading the Database data into a lookup file set.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'