Parallelism using RTI

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tsktsk123
Participant

Parallelism using RTI

Post by tsktsk123 »

Hi,

DS has to communicate with another application through webservices. For this I think we need to use DS RTI Component, as I never used it before I need help to understand how it works and wheather it's similar to Parallel Extender.

1) Will DS RTI operate in parallel mode or will it work only in seq mode as it involves web services.

2) Will there be any performance degradation if we use DS RTI vs DS Parallel Extender?

3) Will there any extra stages in RTI in addition to Parallel Extender?

Any extra points on RTI will be very useful, appreciate any help on this.

regards,
senthil kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Briefly, RTI bolts on to either PX or Server jobs, allowing you to expose either as a service or leverage services inside either. And yes, it does come with new stages in order to allow that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tsktsk123
Participant

Post by tsktsk123 »

Hello Chulett,

Thanks for your reply, can u please help me with the information about performance of the RTI job, and if parallelism is possible in RTI.
chulett wrote:Briefly, RTI bolts on to either PX or Server jobs, allowing you to expose either as a service or leverage services inside either. And yes, it does come with new stages in order to allow that. ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, there is no such thing as an "RTI job" per se, but a job can be "RTI enabled". So it's still all about the job design when it comes to performance - whatever that means in an ETL context. (had to throw that in before Ray did) :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers