Properties Window Lock up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

IPD
Premium Member
Premium Member

Properties Window Lock up

Post by IPD »

I was working a parallel job which has a file seq to an enterprise ftp stage. I had working and wanted to make a change. I right click and hit properties on the FTP stage. The window never appears and the designer locks up.

I have rebooted my machine, started a new job and can open a properties window for a file but if I use a new enterprise FTP stage, it locks up again.

What is going on? Is my install corrupted?
IPD
Premium Member
Premium Member

Answer

Post by IPD »

hitting the ESC key canceled and reset the properties window. I was then able to call up the properties window again without incident.

I also learned that
the register entry for this is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ascential Software\DataStage Client\Designer\APTStageEditor\CCustomStage.PxFTP

Deleting this will restore the properties window to its default position.
peterxu
Participant

Re: Answer

Post by peterxu »

And I've just tested it works fine for any stage.
IPD wrote:hitting the ESC key canceled and reset the properties window. I was then able to call up the properties window again without incident.

I also learned that
the register entry for this is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ascential Software\DataStage Client\Designer\APTStageEditor\CCustomStage.PxFTP

Deleting this will restore the properties window to its default position.