Unable to preview the data from FileStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajreddy
Participant

Unable to preview the data from FileStage

Post by rajreddy »

Hi,

Developed a small job with using file stage the job got compiled but unable to preview the data nor after running the job it is throwing the below error.

##I TFCN 000001 17:42:59(000) <main_program>
Ascential DataStage(tm) Enterprise Edition 7.5
Copyright (c) 2004, 1997-2004 Ascential Software Corporation.
All Rights Reserved
##I TOSH 000002 17:42:59(001) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:42:59(002) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:42:59(003) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##W TCOS 000049 17:42:59(004) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: _APT_CONFIG_FILE
##W TCOS 000049 17:42:59(005) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSProjectMapName
##I TFSC 000001 17:42:59(010) <main_program> APT configuration file: E:/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt
##W TFAR 000000 17:43:00(000) <main_program> File archive: Trouble creating file "/tmp/APTcs11769faab3e1"
>##F TFPX 000002 17:43:00(001) <main_program> Fatal Error: Null archive.

Can Anyone please let me know how to retify the issue
Thanx in Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What do you mean by "file stage"? There is no such-named stage type.

Be specific not only about which stage type you are meaning, and how its properties have been set.

Also make sure that your /tmp file system (I'm guessing that is where you have configured scratch disk resource) has plenty of free space while the job is running. Or change the configuration so that somewhere that does have plenty of free space is used as your scratch disk resource; /tmp is, generally speaking, not a wise location, because there are so many other things that use it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajreddy
Participant

Post by rajreddy »

Hi

I am trying to read data from the file and load into a table. the job designed as FileStage---CopyStage----OracleStage

Filename---->given the file location

Setted the property for file format as delimited

now when i try to preview the data in the file stage the error which i pasted is throw

thanx
swapnilverma
Participant

Post by swapnilverma »

rajreddy wrote:Hi

I am trying to read data from the file and load into a table. the job designed as FileStage---CopyStage----OracleStage

Filename---->given the file location

Setted the property for file format as delimited

now when i try to preview the data in the file stage the error which i pasted is throw

thanx

seems like its a temporary problem.... ds not able to write into /temp direcoty... it can be due to many reason may be due to space issue or any thing else...

try IF YOU can change the config file and run your job.
Thanks
Swapnil

"Whenever you find whole world against you just turn around and Lead the world"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is still no such thing as a FileStage.
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajreddy
Participant

Post by rajreddy »

Hi,

That is meant to be sequential file stage

Thanx