Extracting Data from Lotus Notes

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreeramkumart
Participant

Extracting Data from Lotus Notes

Post by sreeramkumart »

Hi,

In our project we have requirement to extract data from Lotus notes. We do not have ODBC driver installed for lotus notes. In this case, is there any possibility to extract data from lotus notes and put into oracle (may not use data stage). I do not know any thing about lotus notes.

Please do help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The simple answer is No. Get an ODBC driver for Lotus Notes. Even then it's not the easiest thing in the world to configure.

An alternative strategy is to have some external process dump whatever it is you need from Lotus Notes into a text file format of some kind, and process that with DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Right - the alternate is something like 'Notes Pump' - a product that will push Notes data elsewhere, like a database staging table where you can then process it from there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers