CFF output link row counts incorrect

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ed Purcell
Premium Member
Premium Member

CFF output link row counts incorrect

Post by Ed Purcell »

We have a DS EE 7.5.1 job that reads a COBOL layout file that has an OCCURS clause in it. There are two output links from the CFF stage. The first link produces everything but the occurs clause data, the second contains the normalized occurs data. Data flows through the stage properly, but the output link row counts both show zero. If we put a copy stage on each output link, we see row counts on the first, non-normalized output link. Has anyone seen this behavior before?
EPCCTX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Row counts in Designer are, at best, cosmetic. There are several conditions that can prevent them from being displayed. Don't worry about it. Use the "proper" row counts you can get in the log. What do you get in the Monitor?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ed Purcell
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Ed Purcell »

ray.wurlod wrote:Row counts in Designer are, at best, cosmetic. There are several conditions that can prevent them from being displayed. Don't worry about it. Use the "proper" row counts you can get in the log. What do you get in the Monitor?
In the Monitor, we get zeroes for both links flowing from the CFF stage. The downstream copy links, however, show proper row counts.
EPCCTX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the CFF stage (operator) combined with the Copy stage?

If so, there is only one operator from which row counts can be obtained, and these are usuallly displayed on the output of that operator - the most downstream link.

Try disabling operator combination to see what I mean.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

just check in those stages where you have zeros count whether you are using RCP , that may cause stats not showing up. I have that in my jobs too and those stages will show zero count but downstream because i don't use RCP counts appear. just a thot. i may be way off the mark here.