Last backup dates

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psdsdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Last backup dates

Post by psdsdev »

HI,

Is it possible to know when the last backup was taken. I mean is there any provision to check when were the backups taken earlier and who did it?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What backup would that be? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Whoever took the backup should have labelled the media and, ideally, made an entry in a system administration record.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
psdsdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by psdsdev »

My Question is

"If Some one has taken datastage back up (.dsx) yesterday, does the information like the username, timestamp will be stored any where? Where can i see the information about the backups that were taken"
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Post by Cr.Cezon »

no, I think this information isn't saved. But if you allways (for example) save the dsx in the same path you can see in the s.o.

the information of when a object have been imported or edit is saved in a uv file called DS_AUDIT.

regards,
Cristina
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Date and Time properties in the header of the export file will tell you when the export was initially taken. If the file has been appended to you will need to scan through it for a COMMENT that indicates the date/time of lines being appended.

No information is recorded about who took the backup (export), but the owner/creator property of the export file will strongly suggest a suspect.
Look on the Owner tab of the Advanced Security Properties dialog for the file.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sunayan_pal
Participant

Post by sunayan_pal »

Hi All,
can anyone please suggest weather DS_AUDIT will list the occurrence of the exported job from that project.
as import of the datastage object information is available.
regards
sunayan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS_AUDIT does not report backups, only creation, modification and deletion of objects/components.

If a previously-existing object is overwritten from an import, it has its PREVDTD and PREVDELETOR then DTC and CREATOR information updated in DS_AUDIT.