Pivot Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Pivot Error

Post by Raamc »

Hi,

In my job i need to convert the columns as rows. I have used the PIVOT stage for that. Job is working fine in my development environment and producing the report as required.

If i import the same job in System test server and run the job, the job getting aborted at PIVOT stage and producing the Errors as below.

main_program: Fatal Error: Fatal: Shared library (pivotenu.so) failed to load: errno = ( 8 ), system message = (rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSPIMallocStageName was referenced

from module /Ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/pivotenu.so(), but a runtime definition

of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCRegisterActive was referenced

from module /Ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/pivotenu.so(), but a runtime definition

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol ds_writelog was referenced

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCLoadResourceEx was referenced

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCDeclareProperty was referenced

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCPropDefaultFromLong was referenced

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCPropDefaultFromStr was referenced

0509-021 Additional errors occurred but are not reported.)

Please suggest me to resolve this one.
Thanks,
Raamc
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your library paths are not correctly set up in the system test environment. Compare the settings for LIB or LIBPATH on DEV and the system test and I am fairly certani you will having one or more missing directories.
Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raamc »

We have removed the PIVOT stage from the job and implemented the same functionality using the Transformer and Funnel.

But the performance is not as expected.
Thanks,
Raamc
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could always change your expectations.

Or you could address the issue of the Pivot stage's library, rather than ignoring it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

I'm having the same problem and wondering what the problem is.
My LIBPATH:
/.dslibs:/opt/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/opt/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/classic:/opt/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin:/opt/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:/usr/opt/db2_08_01/lib:/home/db2smpd1/sqllib/lib
croydon:/opt/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine

A bit redundant, but it works, otherwise.
Permissions on privot.sa dn pivotenu.so are 755
DSEngine/lib permissions are 755
every other entry in DSEngine/lib is 755 except links

Any ideas?

thanks,

Ande
Ande

"So, you think this will work?"