Problem loading from Sequential file to a Table.....

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavans
Participant

Problem loading from Sequential file to a Table.....

Post by pavans »

Hi,
I am getting the following warnings when loading from a sequential file to a table. None of records are loaded into Table.
The file is generated in the previous job, which i am using in this job.
Can you please tell me why is this happening.
Am i missing anything here.

Sequential_File_79,0: Field "OrderNo" has import error and no default value; data: {" 20 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 3 1 1 . "}, at offset: 0

Sequential_File_79,0: Import warning at record 0

Sequential_File_79,0: Import unsuccessful at record 0.

Sequential_File_79,0: Field "OrderNo" has import error and no default value; data: {" 20 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 3 1 1 . "}, at offset: 0

Thanks,
Thanks,
Pavan
DSDexter
Participant

Post by DSDexter »

Hi

1) Ensure that target stage was written correctly. Try to veiw data.
2) Check the format tab, Ensure that the job in which the file is being written and the job in which its your input has same format specifications.
3) Try to view the data from the input stage.
4) If unable to veiw data. Try to import the metadata definations for this sequential file. Here you should get the reason why you are facing the problem.

Go through this steps and you should be able to find out the reason...
Thanks
DSDexter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The first character in the first line is Ctrl-T. (This shows as 20 in the raw string.) Is there any reason this should be there? It's interfering with the import operator generating a numeric data type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavans
Participant

Post by pavans »

DSDexter wrote:Hi

1) Ensure that target stage was written correctly. Try to veiw data.
2) Check the format tab, Ensure that the job in which the file is being written and the job in which its your input has same format specifications.
3) Try to view the data from the input stage.
4) If unable to veiw data. Try to import the metadata definations for this sequential file. Here you should get the reason why you are facing the problem.

Go through this steps and you should be able to find out the reason...

I have resolved the issue.
It was simple.......I changed it to Dataset and imported as Orchestrate definitions.

Let me know if this procedure is wrong.
Thanks,
Pavan
DSDexter
Participant

Post by DSDexter »

I have resolved the issue.
It was simple.......I changed it to Dataset and imported as Orchestrate definitions.

Let me know if this procedure is wrong.
:oops:

The above procedure will help you to investigate what went wrong and where, Well if you have the liberty to replace the sequential files with datasets in your project, Then why do you require sequential file stages :?: . I would advice that you implement datasets in your project as this will definately give you some performace improvement. But also remember that data retention period for a dataset should be finite and they should never be used to backup your project data.[/quote]
Thanks
DSDexter
DSDexter
Participant

Post by DSDexter »

Perhaps you can mark the topic as resolved
Thanks
DSDexter