Using same DB Connection by more than 1 users at same time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basav_ds
Participant

Using same DB Connection by more than 1 users at same time

Post by basav_ds »

Hi,

I have created a DB2API connection(Let's call it 'Sample_Db_Connection') and want it to be used by more than one users in
their jobs for re-usability.

User1 logs in first, and loads 'Sample_Db_Connection' in DB2API stage in his Job A.
Then User2 logs in, wants to load 'Sample_Db_Connection' in DB2API stage in another job B, but its not getting loaded.

But when User1 closes his DS Designer session, the User2 is now able to load 'Sample_Db_Connection' in DB2API stage in job B.

Can't the same DB Connection be accessed by more than one user sessions in their jobs simultaneously?
I never let school to interfere in my education
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Connectors are like shared containers - locked while open for editing, or even if potentially open for editing (that is, a job that uses them is open for editing).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
basav_ds
Participant

Post by basav_ds »

Even after closing all the jobs which are using that DB connection, the problem persists. Only when the session is closed, the other user is able to load that DB Connection in his job.
I never let school to interfere in my education