Error while load the data in sequential stage with jobpar

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error while load the data in sequential stage with jobpar

Post by vinodn »

Hi,

While using the job parameter as input file to read,at the time of compiling its ok,but at the time of running it gives the following error:

Unable to open E:/files#targetfile.txt#: No such file or directory [new-impexp\file_import.C:2469]

Sequential_File_0,0: Operator's runLocally() failed. [api\operator_rep.C:3891]

Regards,
Vinodn
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Go back to your sequential file definition but use the drop-down button to paste your parameter name into the field - I think you have made a typographical error and mis-spelled your parameter name.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't have a job parameter named "targetfile.txt" defined in the job. And I'm fairly certain parameter names are not allowed to have dots in them, change the name and see if that fixes things.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure that the parameter reference (the string between the "#" characters in the passive stage field) exactly matches the job parameter name (in the job properties dialog).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Which is exactly what I meant - spelled the same, cased the same, yada yada. And the parameter name is obviously wrong just by the fact that they do not allow 'dots' in them... confirmed that today on the off chance I was misremembering that. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe they are allowed in the RMM stage?
:?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I took the easy way out - instead of attempting to explain I just recommended using the drop-down list of valid parameter names :)
vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vinodn »

Hi All,

Thanx for ur feedback,i resolved this problem.

Regards,
vinodn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then please mark the thread as Resolved, and post a message indicating what the problem was and what you did to fix it.