any way to find which user is using which job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

2ksaint
Participant

any way to find which user is using which job

Post by 2ksaint »

Hi all,

Whenever i try to open a job, im getting error "some other user is using the job".

In my senario i have 1 grp with 2 users. Me & my colegue were the 2 users. My colegue didnt open the particular job, but when i try to open the job im getting the error.

We are in LAN. So if any other person uses our username/password to login and if that person has opened the job, then how to find it.

Note; I checked the log in director i didnt got any entry.
My colegue closed all the jobs, I didnt opened any job.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I would recommend ensuring that the deadlock daemon is activated and running. That way if a job gets locked it will automatically clear within 15 minutes (the default setting in the deadlock daemon).

Do you have "job administration" active in your Director?
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

yes, job Administration is enabled
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Did you call it up and see if you could find locks? I don't have it active on this machine, so cannot walk you through the single steps.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Open the Cleanup Resources tool in Director. On both windows (processes and locks) choose the Show All option. Can you see the job name in the Locks window?

Get the process ID or user ID associated with the lock and find that user in the Processes window. This will be the user who owns the lock on the job.

If you can not find it by this means then the lock is held by a redundant process (possibly one that has been killed or whose network connection was closed), and you need to use other tools to free that lock. Search the forum or view the video in the DSXchange Learning Center to learn more.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

Thank ray,

I do see the job id and the job i was asking about.

what i did was i run the uvsh command and then in the prompt i gave
UNLOCK username <jobid>

Im gettting the error. what should i do now.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any... particular error? Or do we have to guess?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why did you not clear the lock in Director?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I assume that the "UNLOCK username <jobid>" command is giving an error as that is the wrong syntax.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

apologize for the delay in reply as there were some n/w issue.

while clearing the lock in director it thros an error msg stating that there is no such job is found.

While running the UNLOCK command im getting error as there is no such command line.

But when i see the cleanup resources, im able to c my job in the lock window.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

apologize for the delay in reply as there were some n/w issue.

while clearing the lock in director it thros an error msg stating that there is no such job is found.

While running the UNLOCK command im getting error as there is no such command line.

But when i see the cleanup resources, im able to c my job in the lock window.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

what is a "n/w issue"? If you can see the appropriate lock in the cleanup resources window why not get rid of it there?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Network error.

The UNLOCK command does not exist in a project unless you've used one of the unlock options from DS.TOOLS (which emplaces the UNLOCK command) or you've emplaced the command yourself. We're not going into that.

You can unlock a visible lock from Cleanup Resources if you have sufficient privilege to do so.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

Thanks andrw & ray.

I had given the "clear status file", im getting error message as there is no such job exists.

So i finally stoped the services and then restarted, now im able to open the job.

I myself tried the UNLOCK command, but in the prompt > whatever i gave regarding the job thros me error stating that there is no command line.

Please give some information about UNLOCK and some commands related to that, which will help us.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

Thanks andrw & ray.

I had given the "clear status file", im getting error message as there is no such job exists.

So i finally stoped the services and then restarted, now im able to open the job.

I myself tried the UNLOCK command, but in the prompt > whatever i gave regarding the job thros me error stating that there is no command line.

Please give some information about UNLOCK and some commands related to that, which will help us.