Problem with the Job Monitor

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

r_arora
Participant

Problem with the Job Monitor

Post by r_arora »

I have a parallel job which runs successfully..imports required no. of records (as shown in the job log) into the sequential file. But in the designer, it does not show any job statistics. Even though my job ran successfully I cant see the no. of rows passing through each stage. Job monitor also does not show the no. of rows exported to the target.
Can anyone help suggesting any possible solution to this problem.

Thanks
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Is there any message in the Director log? Perhaps something about Job AppMon not running?
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Open a command prompt; isssue netstat -an to see whethere ports 13400 and 13401 are listening.
r_arora
Participant

Post by r_arora »

I don't see any port 13400 or 13401 when I issue the netstat -an command :(
fc_user
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fc_user »

I looked for similar problem on this forum and I checked the value of APT_ORCHHOME variable and is properly set.
"APT_ORCHHOME=C:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine"

I could not find any warning in my job log that says "Failed to dscover JobMon App" or any other warning related to the APT_ORCHHOME variable.

Please help suggesting as to why am I not able to see the job statistics.
srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srimitta »

Check APT_NO_JOBMON in environment variables under Reporting

This supposed to be False.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
By William A.Foster
r_arora
Participant

Post by r_arora »

APT_NO_JOBMON is set to false and APT_RECORD_COUNTS is also set to True. I have explicitly included these variables in my job and set their values. Still I am unable to see the record counts in my job. It only shows 0 rows.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

If you don't see that ports 13400 and 13401 are up and listening, that's why you wouldn't see perfomance statistics while running jobs.
Go to your Java directory of the ASBNode; issuse sh jobmoninit start $APT_ORCHHOME.
r_arora
Participant

Post by r_arora »

After I executed sh jobmoninit command I tried running one of my simple jobs which just reads from a sequential file and writes to another sequential file, the job showed me the statistics. But when I used an Oracle stage, I did'nt see the statistics again. If i read from a sequential file or any other source I am able to see the statistics, but when I read from an Oracle stage it shows 0 rows, eventhough my job ran successfully and exported the records to the sequential file.

I also tried intorducing a peek stage instead of a sequential file, but still cant see the job statistics. Please help!
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Open the job using Oracle stage; check the Show performance statistis under the Diagram; compile the job. This time you should see the green light when job is run.
r_arora
Participant

Post by r_arora »

I have checked the "Show Performance Statistics" in the job diagram but still can't see the job statistics.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Doesn't it show in Director as well? With Monitor option?
Try to restart your job monitor. Do it from PXEngine.
,/jobmoninit start - to start
./jobmoninit stop - to stop.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

r_arora wrote:APT_NO_JOBMON is set to false and APT_RECORD_COUNTS is also set to True. I have explicitly included these variables in my job and set their values. Still I am unable to see the record counts in my job. It only shows 0 rows.
Are there record count entries in the job log? That should be the effect of the APT_RECORD_COUNTS environment variable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
fc_user
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fc_user »

yes I can see the record count in my job log. I don't see the record count in the job monitor or the designer("Show Performance Statistics")
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this just from your client machine or from others' as well.

I wouldn't worry too much - displaying row counts in Designer is purely cosmetic and just a convenience - the rows are clearly being processed satisfactorily.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.