Generated OSH in UNIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

maheshsada
Participant

Generated OSH in UNIX

Post by maheshsada »

Can any one please throw some info where the generated osh for a parallel job will be located/directory in UNIX server.

regards
Magesh S
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In the project directory for each job number there will be a subdirectory named RT_SC{nnn} which will contain osh scripts.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
maheshsada
Participant

Post by maheshsada »

Thanks for the info. How to find the Job number

I want to create a script which reads the OSH script to check for hardcoded parameter values in jobs so that peer reviews of the jobs can be done effectively. Any suggestion welcomed

regards
Magesh S
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you troll through the DSXchange posts and look for "DS_JOBS" and job numbers you will see many examples of how to associate a job number with the appropriate job name; then you can search the sub-directories and look for your keyowords in the files.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A combination of find and grep commands will do that for you. For example something like:

Code: Select all

find $projectdir -name '*.osh' -print | grep '&['
That way you don't need to know the location of the osh directories in advance.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.