JOB Parameters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mcs@rajesh
Participant

JOB Parameters

Post by mcs@rajesh »

Hi
I am working in a Parallel job where i need to create a common User defined Parameters which can be used in all the projects.
Tell me how to do this.
Thank you
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No such thing. You could, however, create them in one Project and then script (or manually) handle the move of the relevant DSParams data to all other Projects.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mcs@rajesh
Participant

Post by mcs@rajesh »

chulett wrote:No such thing. You could, however, create them in one Project and then script (or manually) handle the move of the relevant DSParams data to all other Projects. ...
How we can move the relevant Parameter from one project to another.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Search for DSParams.
There parameters are stored in DSParams for particular project in Default Project directory. You can copy the file and move to the other Project folder in OS level.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's a plain text file that lives in each Project. Assuming everything in it should always be identical across projects, you can simply copy the file. Otherwise, you'll need to just move the relevant bits.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Upgrade to version 8 and use a Parameter Set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mcs@rajesh
Participant

Post by mcs@rajesh »

kumar_s wrote:Search for DSParams.
There parameters are stored in DSParams for particular project in Default Project directory. You can copy the file and move to the other Project folder in OS level. ...
Hi Kumar_s Thanks for your reply
Its realy working but i have some doubts with this, whenever we aretrying to move the file the user def parameters which is present in the other project is overwritten what i have to do to retain them and its not working when we just move the variables. Is this a legitimate way or is there any other way around.
If there please reply me.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It should work fine if you 'just move the variables', I've done this many times. Note that there are two sections (and entries) in the file for each variable.
-craig

mcs@rajesh
Participant

Post by mcs@rajesh »

chulett wrote:It should work fine if you 'just move the variables', I've done this many times. Note that there are two sections (and entries) in the file for each variable. ...
Thanks chulett
First i got to try this and i will let u know if there is any issues.

Rajesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you believe that U would be interested?
:roll:

I understand - from the most recent post - that U is currently working on a server-only site.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.