sap r/3 connection issue from datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkacham_DSX
Charter Member
Charter Member

sap r/3 connection issue from datastage

Post by rkacham_DSX »

Hi,

SAP system admin changed sap system password , it was connecting fine before they chagned the password, when they changed the password i went and changed in datastage sap administrator and in the jobs,
I am getting RFC Error: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon) .
The strange thing is i am able to connect the sap system form the non datastage sap cleint with new password.

Is there any place in server i have to chagne the password .
is there any know issue with using special characters in password for sap client ,why i am asking this is they are using special characters in the new password.

Thanks for the help!
Thanks,
Ramesh
santhu
Participant

Post by santhu »

Try 2 things,
1) I am not sure if your DS Admin changed $SAP_CPIC_PASSWORD environmental variable value to the new password. Try that.

2) Regarding special characters in SAP related parameters, yes - we have faced problems when the SAP related passwords had special characters like "#". Compare the old password and try using similar special characters if any for the new password.

Hope this helps.
Santhosh
rkacham_DSX
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by rkacham_DSX »

Thanks for the reply, Can you advice what special charactres datastage accepting for sap.
Thanks,
Ramesh