Generic Lift & Load Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

navistar
Participant

Generic Lift & Load Job

Post by navistar »

Hi Folks,

I need to migrate 250+ tables from DB2 to Oracle. The mappings are straight forward one to one mappings. Currently I am creating jobs for each of these tables as follows

DB2 UDB -------------->Transformer ---------------------> Oracle Enterprise

Since all these jobs have the same design described above, is there any way to write a generic job which would take in the table names (on both DB2 and Oracle side) as parameters and load the tables, so that I end-up running the single job 250 timese rather than creating one job each for the 250 odd tables???

For the generic job described above, I thought of using RPC (Runtime Column Propagation), but it would not work because I need to explicitly change the Date fields from the a data type of 'Date' on DB2 side to 'Timestamp'. (otherwise the job does not compile). I.e. since I have to customize the metadata on the input source, I am unable to use RPC. :(

-N
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How about making views of the source tables which have timestamp instead of date, then use RPC and generic jobs for the transfer.