How to refresh a lookup table after every iteration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

msuri
Participant

How to refresh a lookup table after every iteration

Post by msuri »

Hello all,

In a Datastage Enterprise Edition job, is it possible to refresh a lookup to reflect inserts done to the lookup table within the same job?
My job writes records to a table X, It is capable of insert new records, insert new versions and update old versions of existing records. The lookup to identify existing records and new versions is done to the same table X. The problem arises because the input data may have several versions of the same record inside.

Thank you in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, the only way to do this is to use sparse lookups and no buffering of output.
Vardhini
Participant

Post by Vardhini »

ArndW wrote:No, the only way to do this is to use sparse lookups and no buffering of output. ...
Will the sparce lookup auto commit records:?:
and also using a sparce lookups will decrease the performance of the job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Vardhini wrote:Will the sparce lookup auto commit records:?:
That's entirely a matter of how you design, and (I believe) what Arnd meant by "no buffering of output". YOU control the number of rows per transaction - for auto-commit set it to 1.
Vardhini also wrote:and also using a sparce lookups will decrease the performance of the job.
That depends. Define "performance" in an ETL context.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yserrano
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yserrano »

Main post has some similiraty with this one. :shock: