Populating sysdate using column generator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

loe_ram13
Participant

Populating sysdate using column generator

Post by loe_ram13 »

HI,
In my server job ,using transformer stage I used to derive the system date by using @DATE & @TIME system variables.
In my parallel job,I want to do the same using column generator (i.e. without using transformer stage).
I need to set the default value of the generated column to sysdate.
Is this possible??
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I thought I could do that once as well, but the column generator doesn't work that way, so I ended up reverted to using a transform stage in PX and getting the system date and time "the olde way".
loe_ram13
Participant

Post by loe_ram13 »

ArndW wrote:I thought I could do that once as well, but the column generator doesn't work that way, so I ended up reverted to using a transform stage in PX and getting the system date and time "the olde way". ...
If I use datatype as date then in generator there is an option of "Use Current Date" which gives me only date.
But If I want the output in TimeStamp format I dont have any such options.
Do correct me if i am wrong!
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, you are not wrong. Which is why I ended up using a transform instead of the column generator to use the current time.