sap load options

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dstage2006
Premium Member
Premium Member

sap load options

Post by dstage2006 »

Hi All,

I am new to SAP. I would like to gain some knowledge about the different load options for SAP.

1) If we load data from any legacy systems(Mainframe, db2) what are the best available load options (IDOC,ABAP,BAPI).

2) what is a standard load to SAP.

3) any good articles or Books to gain knowledge about SAP R/3 and load options

Please help me in this regards.

Thanks in advance.
Dstage2006.
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Firstly you are probably in the wrong forum. This forum is for Datastage not SAP. Datastage is just one of many tools that one can use to prepare data for loading and load data to SAP.

You might want to try SDN forum here
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Also SAP is a very large ERP. If you after general answers then you will probably not get the answers that you want. But in an attempt to answer them briefly
1) If we load data from any legacy systems(Mainframe, db2) what are the best available load options (IDOC,ABAP,BAPI).
The thing is each option has its own benefits and drawbacks and it depends on what you are migrating. Most often all 3 will be used in conjunction to perform different aspects of data migration. You can also add to that list LSMW, and BDC's
2) what is a standard load to SAP
How long is a piece of string? This will depend on what modules you are migrating to. It could be transactional data, master data or most likely both.
Check Amazon. There are a few books out there on SAP R/3 but not sure if there are any specific to Data Migration. You should be able to find some on iDocs and BAPI's, maybe ABAP and LSMW.

Hope that helps.
shivadas
Participant

Re: sap load options

Post by shivadas »

dstage2006 wrote:Hi All,

I am new to SAP. I would like to gain some knowledge about the different load options for SAP.

Thanks in advance.
Dstage2006.
Hi All,

I was using the ABAP stage in CPI trans mode it worked fine.
due to some issues i want to change it to FTP, I have given all the parameters but it throws an error i didnot change any thing except the FTP option and require paramters

do i need to change the programe any where for FTP option ...
err: R/3 Run program failed : %1
how do find what should be %1 paramter
sreddy
Participant

Re: sap load options

Post by sreddy »

Hi

Usually in SAP for legacy Systems they are using LSMW ( This is a Transaction code also ).

The way to learn more about SAP is
www.help.sap.com or www.sdn.sap.com

dstage2006 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Dstage2006.
SReddy
dwpractices@gmail.com
Analyzing Performance