Column import warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sateeshbabu
Participant

Column import warning

Post by sateeshbabu »

Hi,

In column export i am using Final delimiter as end and Filed Delimiter string as \| ,In the same way i am doing from columnimport

Delimiter for field "Student" not found
Import was unsuccessful at record

What could be the reason.

Thanks for your time

Sateesh.M
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Which column number is "Student"? Can you post both your column definitions and a sample row of data to help analyze the problem?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note that the problem is in an import operator, not in an export operator. So the problem's unlikely to be in your Column Export stage. Look at the stage that generates an import operator (which you can determine by inspecting the generated OSH).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sateeshbabu
Participant

Post by sateeshbabu »

Ray,

You are right ,the problem is with columnexport only.Actually from input when we are exporting all the columns to a single column,If any special characters are coming then that particular data is not being inserted properly into database where as if we load to sequential file then it is being inserted,The special caracters are like * and ^ we are getting from input,

That is why in my second job when i am trying to import it is throwing Delimiter warnings.

Can you give your suggestions to rectify this.

Regards,
Sateesh.M
sateeshbabu
Participant

Post by sateeshbabu »

hi,

Adding to my old post i am able to insert data using column export i.e spcifically to length of around 50,If it is more than that it is being truncated but i specifed length varchar2(1000).

Thanks for your inputs.

Sateesh.M