Datastage job auditing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mydsworld
Participant

Datastage job auditing

Post by mydsworld »

Hi,
I am trying to build up a job that will generate auditing information (like start date,rowcount etc) of other jobs (using jobname as parameter).Whats the best way to do that in DS8.
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any way that works. I would do it in a job control routine, because that's what I'm familiar and comfortable with. But it could be done completely graphically - though you would need a job sequence.

You could also investigate EtlStats from Kim Duke's website
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

We are working on that now. We would like Gantt chart for job run times so we could easily see overlapping jobs. Preston sort of got it started. Not sure if I can finish it. The worse part is they would not print.
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray is correct though EtlStats will get you close. At least get the data into tables.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I notice that you are using version 8.x.

You can also use the Resource Estimation tool, based on a 100% sample, which will give you immense amounts of detail.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.